What's new in iTunes 12.0.1
According to Apple's release notes, iTunes 12.0.1 is "designed for OS X Yosemite," though users of previous Mac operating systems like OS X 10.9 Mavericks can download and use the software.
Along with the usual performance boosts and bug fixes, the newest iTunes revision brings a redesigned interface with translucent elements borrowed from Yosemite. The result is added depth and a cleaner look compared to past software versions.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
iTunes is a free app that lets you organize and play digital music and video on your computer. It’s also a store that has everything you need to be entertained. That makes it the perfect place to listen, watch, read, play, explore, and shop.
- Organize your music into playlists
- Edit file information
- Record compact discs
- Copy files to an iPod or other digital audio player
- Purchase music and videos on the Internet through the built-in iTunes store
- Run a visualizer to display graphical effects in time to the music
- Encode music into a number of different audio formats.