What's new in iTunes 11.2.1
Apple released a minor bug fix for iTunes 11.2.1 tonight following yesterday’s release of iTunes 11.2
The issue seemed to involve iTunes, Back to my Mac, and rebooting. I’ve tested tonight’s update on two machines with hidden Users folders and both became visible immediately after the update without requiring a reboot.
This update includes the following improvements:
Improved Podcast Browsing
- Quickly find episodes you haven't listened to in the new Unplayed tab
- Browse episodes that are available to download or stream in the Feed tab
- Save your favorite episodes to keep them on your computer
- Episodes can now be automatically deleted after you play them
This update also resolves an issue where iTunes may become unresponsive when updating Genius and improves overall performance and stability. Podcasts for iOS 2.1 or later is recommended when syncing podcast episodes.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
iTunes is a free app that lets you organize and play digital music and video on your computer. It’s also a store that has everything you need to be entertained. That makes it the perfect place to listen, watch, read, play, explore, and shop.
- Organize your music into playlists
- Edit file information
- Record compact discs
- Copy files to an iPod or other digital audio player
- Purchase music and videos on the Internet through the built-in iTunes store
- Run a visualizer to display graphical effects in time to the music
- Encode music into a number of different audio formats.