What's new in iTunes 10.6
iTunes 10.6 as part of iCloud, iTunes in the Cloud takes what you buy on iTunes on one device and pushes it to all your other devices, wirelessly and without syncing. With iTunes Match, even the songs you’ve imported from CDs are stored in iCloud — so you can access them on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, Mac, or PC. And the iTunes Store now features thousands of movies and TV shows in stunning 1080p HD.
iTunes 10.6 included:
- 1080p movies and TV shows. A new definition of great entertainment.
- Buy here. Automatically get it everywhere.
- Individually download past purchases.
- A match made in iCloud.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
iTunes lets you enjoy all your music, movies, video, and TV shows on your Mac or PC. When you want to watch or listen to something, you no longer have to look through your CDs or flip through channels — just go to your computer and open iTunes. With your entire media collection in your iTunes library, you can browse everything faster, organize it all more easily, and play anything whenever the mood strikes.
- Organize your music into playlists
- Edit file information
- Record compact discs
- Copy files to an iPod or other digital audio player
- Purchase music and videos on the Internet through the built-in iTunes store
- Run a visualizer to display graphical effects in time to the music
- Encode music into a number of different audio formats.