foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
What's new in Foobar2000 1.2.3
foobar2000 change log - version 1.2.3
- Updated FFmpeg code to 1.1.1.
- FFmpeg DLLs now use unique names to avoid collisions with certain other software.
- Reverted problematic Media Library folder monitoring tweaks from 1.2.
- “Downmix 5.1 to stereo” DSP now accepts more different channel masks.
- FLAC decoding improvements (beta 3):
- Work-around for certain broken files producing loud glitches.
- SSE optimizations to counter slowdown from the above work-around.
- File Integrity Verifier component now detects such files.
- Worked around incompatibility with some very old Vorbis files (final).
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
We have 143 guests online